February 4, 2021 - 3:00 pm
February 4, 2021 - 4:00 pm
AddressH.001, 1A Hoang Dieu, Phu Nhuan View map
A cost-effectiveness analysis of therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM) for the antiepileptic drugs (AEDS)
Student: Lê Thị Mỹ Linh, VNP 23
Supervisor: Dr. Võ Tất Thắng
The thesis is focus on the evaluation whether therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM) for ADEs more benefits than the current practice. The therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM) for 1st ADEs is not the routine practice at Vietnam. One real case is Nhan Dan Gia Dinh Hospital, one of the public hospitals in Ho Chi Minh City, which has the 1st AEDs generation are used to treating as the first choice for patients. Due to it was cheap and fully covered by healthcare insurance. The research methodology for this thesis is designed the prospective randomized study. Descriptive statistics results provided some background information of these studied patients. We had 96 patients met the eligibility criteria to be randomized in two groups. All of them were treated at Nhan Dan Gia Dinh Hospital at time this study conducted (to December 2019) for symptom epilepsy including post-stroke seizures or post-stroke epilepsy. The maximum number of medications to be indicated for epilepsy are four. All of them live in Ho Chi Minh city and willing to self-pay 200,000 dong for the TDM test at randomized stage. The baseline therapy for patients was the 1st generation such as Valproic acid was used the most by patients (66 patients), followed by Carbamazepin (37 patients) and Phenytoin (15 patients). Only nine patients (9.36%) was indicated the drug of 2nd generation as the single treatment approach. The remaining part (90.64%) was initiated with the 1st generation and was combined with the 2nd generation after that. The comparison of the burden disease is measured by the cost of two cohorts as the primary outcome. The patient of test-group trended using more the outpatient insurance for medication than the non-test-group patients. And when calculating the ICEA of the cost with the number of seizures showed the cost effectiveness.