Dr. Nguyen Luu Bao Doan is the Chair of the Department of Real Estate at the University of Economics – Ho Chi Minh City. His primary research areas include land use, real estate, urban economics, spatial analysis and development issues.
Dr. Nguyen obtained his doctorate in Urban and Regional Planning and Design from the University of Maryland and a Master of Public Affairs from Indiana University. He has published in Urban Studies, Environmental and Planning B: Planning and Design, Economic Development Quarterly, Journal of Asian Business and Economic Studies, and Vietnamese Journal of Urbanism.
Urban development, development economics
- Nguyen, Doan. Evidence of Urban Sprawl’s Impacts on Social Capital. Environment & Planning B: Planning and Design. Vol. 37 No. 4. 2010: 610 – 627
- McFarland, M. and Nguyen, D. Graduate Real Estate Education in the US: Diverse Options for Prospective Students. Journal of Real Estate Practice and Education. Vol.13 No. 1. 2010: 33-53.
- Howland, M. and Nguyen, D. The impacts of Immigration on Four Low Wage Industries in the 1990s. Economic Development Quarterly. Vol. 24 No. 2. 2010: 99-109.
- Chakraborty, A., Knaap, G., Nguyen, D., and Jung Ho Shin. The Effects of High Density Zoning on Multifamily Housing Construction in the Suburbs of Six US Metropolitan Areas. Urban Studies. Vol.47 No.5. 2010: 437-451.
- Howland, M. and Nguyen, D. The impacts of Immigration on Computer Manufacturing in the 1990s. Economic Development Quarterly. Vol. 23 No. 1. Feb 2009: 60-70.
- Lindsey, G. and Nguyen, D. Use of Greenway Trails in Indiana. Journal of Urban Planning and Development. Vol. 130 Issue 4. Dec 2004: 213-18.