Syed Mansoob Murshed is Professor of the Economics of Peace and Conflict at the International Institute of Social Studies (ISS), Erasmus University Rotterdam in the Netherlands. His research interests are in the economics of conflict, resource abundance, aid conditionality, political economy, macroeconomics and international economics.
Development Economics including the Economics of Transition; International Trade and Trade Policy; Macroeconomics
- Old and New Wars, in the Berlin International Conversion Centre (BICC) Bulletin, 26, January 2003
- Conflict and Poverty Reduction: Hope Amongst Pessimism, Prince Claus Journal # 13, April 2006, 42-51.
- Jape or Joke: Cartoon Controversies and the Clash of Civilizations, www.stichtingvredeswetenschappen.nl, May 2006.
- The Middle East: Cradle of Civilization or a Cauldron for Conflict, Development Issues, 8(2), 18-19, December 2006.
- On Economics and Civil War and Terrorism, Criterion Quarterly, Pakistan, 2(1), January-March 2007.
- India and Pakistan: Trading for Peace (with Dawood Mamoon), The Broker, issue no.5 December 2007, 16-18.
- In Memoriam: Syed Mahbub Murshed, The Statesman, Pakistan, 28th November 2007; the News, Pakistan, 8th March 2008.
- The Crescent and the Cross: Identity and Islamic Radicalization in Europe (with Sara Pavan). German translation: Identität und Radikalisierung, Aus Politik und Zeitgesschichte, 44/201: 39-46, November 2010.
- On Justice Syed Mahbub Murshed, Daily Star, Bangladesh, 5th April 2011.
- On the EU and Israel’s Preferential Access in the Electronic Intifada (April 2013), http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/adri-nieuwhof/eu-should-stop-israels-preferential-access-european-market-says-economic-expert.
- The Crescent and the Cross: Huntington’s Clash of Civilizations Twenty Years On in E-International Relations, February 2013 : http://www.e-ir.info/2011/04/27/a-metahistory-of-the-clash-of-civilizations/.
- The Role of Inequality in Rebellion and Revolt in the Broker online, 5 February 2013.
- Inequality Does Cause Conflict, United States Institute for Peace, Blog http://inec.usip.org/blog/2013/nov/04/inequality-does-cause-internal-conflict
- Education for Equality (with Dawood Mamoon), September 2013: http://www.thebrokeronline.eu/Blogs/Spurring-economic-transition/Education-for-equality
- Inequality in the Age of Extremism: May 2017, http://visionofhumanity.org/economists-on-peace/inequality-age-extremism-economists-peace/
- Challenges to the Liberal Peace, BLISS, ISS Blog on Deglobalization, 3rd April 2018, https://issblog.nl/2018/04/03/deglobalisation-series-challenges-to-the-liberal-peace-by-syed-mansoob-murshed/.
- 2nd version of Challenges to the Liberal Peace, July 2018, published by the Centre for Brexit Studies at Birmingham City University, https://centreforbrexitstudiesblog.wordpress.com/2018/08/01/challenges-to-the-liberal-peace/