PhD in Public Policy and Administration – Milan – Italy
The PhD in Economics and Finance at Bocconi University is aimed at highly qualified and motivated students who wish to acquire first-rate research skills. All courses and seminars are held in English.
The program duration is four years. Students attend courses and sit exams in the first two years, and attend seminars and work on their dissertation in the second part of the program.
In particular, students specialize either in Economics or Finance. In the first year, students attend common courses in Microeconomics and Quantitative Methods. Students specializing in Economics also attend courses in Macroeconomics, while students specializing in Finance attend courses in Asset Pricing and Corporate Finance. In the second year, students specialize further by choosing courses from relevant sub-fields, including Economics of Institutions and Development, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Econometrics, Corporate Finance, Asset Pricing, and Accounting. Moreover, all students can choose some second year courses from other Bocconi PhD programs, such as Statistics or Business Administration and Management. The third and fourth years are devoted to research. Students are expected to finish their PhD within four years, however research grants and teaching assistant positions are also available to deserving students after the fourth year.
This Bocconi PhD qualification creates career opportunities in academic and non-academic research, international organizations, central banks, government agencies and large firms.
Applications can be submitted by Italian and non-Italian citizens who:
– have completed or are completing their graduate studies and
– have at least a “proven” B2 (CEFR) level of competence in English
The PhD School offers:
– a maximum of 10 places with fellowship exclusively for the PhD in Economics and Finance
– a maximum of 5 places with fellowship for outstanding students of the following PhD programs: Business Administration and Management, Economics and Finance, Public Policy and Administration, Statistics
Tuition fees for students without fellowship amount to Euro 10,000 for each year.
For more detailed information please see the full official call published on the website http://www.unibocconi.eu/admissionphd
For more detailed information about our program please visit the website: http://www.unibocconi.eu/phdeconomicsfinance
To apply for our PhD program, use only our online application procedure may be used. Applications are due by 15 January 2018.
The assessment of the applicant is based on:
1. Personal curriculum: full CV
2. Academic records: transcript of exams and certification of undergraduate and graduate degrees awarded and final grade (if any); if the graduate program has not been completed, an enrollment document with the full study plan, the exams taken and the grades achieved
3. International Graduate Admission Tests scores: the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
4. Statement of purpose: short description (max 1200 words) of your motivation for enrollment in a Bocconi PhD program, your research interests and professional goals
5. Reference letters: up to two reference letters uploaded by referees appointed in the online application procedure
6. Other relevant documents (maximum five): e.g. publications, other programs attended, etc.
A minimum of 60 total points is required to be eligible for admission to the program.
Please consult our website for complete details of our application procedure: http://www.unibocconi.eu/admissionphd
For more information about the program, please feel free to contact our Program Assistant at email@example.com