Dr. Truong Dang Thuy is currently the Academic Advisor, at Vietnam- The Netherlands Program for M.A. in Development Economics, Head of Economics Department at Faculty of Economics, University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City. He is also the Senior Researcher/Research Coordinator/ Deputy Director at EfD Vietnam (Environment for Development Initiative).
Dr. Truong Dang Thuy received his PhD in Agricultural and Resource Economics from the University of Alberta, Canada in 2013. His research focused on the economics of environmental impact assessment, choice behaviour, risk and hazard management. His publications include documents published in Resource and Energy Economics, Land Use Policy, Ecological Economics, and ASEAN Economic Bulletin.
Specifically, Dr. Truong Dang Thuy has a research paper published in the journal Environmental and Resource Economics (ERE), one of the most prestigious journals in the field of economic research on natural resources and environment. This study investigates the location selection behavior of Canadian hunters in response to information from game animals suffering from CWD (Chronic Wasting Disease) using Revealed and stated preferences data.
Dr. Truong Dang Thuy is in charge of Econometrics course at VNP, which is a subfield in economics that seeks to measure and statistically estimate the relationship between economic variables. In addition, he is also very enthusiastic in providing academic support to students for completing their dissertations in the role of an Academic Advisor.
1. Truong D.T, Q.T. Vo, K.N. Pha,. 2021. Does the devolution of forest management help conserve mangrove in the Mekong Delta of Viet Nam? Land Use Policy (106).
2. Truong D.T., K.N. Pham, D. Whittington. 2020. Households’ Perceptions of Reasonable Water Bills in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Water Economics and Policy, 6(3)
3. Nguyen, N.Q.A., B. Phung and T. Truong. 2019. Willingness to pay for agricultural flood insurance in the Mekong River Delta. Environmental Hazards, 18(3): 212-227.
4. Truong, T. and L. Do. 2018. Mangrove forests and Aquaculture in the Mekong River Delta. Land Use Policy (73): 20-28.
5. Abidoye, B.O et al. 2017. South-east Asian Ricardian Studies: Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Thailand, and Vietnam. Climate Change Economics 08(3).
6. Truong, T., Vic Adamowicz and P. Boxall. 2017. Modelling the Effect of Chronic Wasting Disease on Recreational Hunting Site Choice Preferences and Choice Set Formation over Time. Environmental and Resource Economics 70(1): 271-295.
7. Truong, T., Vic Adamowicz and P. Boxall. 2015. Modelling Non-compensatory Preferences in Environmental Valuation. Resource and Energy Economics 30: 89 –107.
8. Jianjun J., J. Chong, T. Truong and L. Lun. 2013. Public Preferences for Cultivated Land Protection in Wenling City, China: A Choice Experiment Study. Land Use Policy 30:337-43.
9. Truong, T., Vic Adamowicz and P. Boxall. 2012. Modelling Non-compensatory Preferences in Environmental Valuation. Selected paper at the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists (AERE) Summer Conference, Asheville, NC, June 4-5.
10. Truong, T., Vic Adamowicz and P. Boxall. 2011. Health Risk Perception, Hunting Site Choice and Chronic Wasting Disease: Modelling the Effect of Risk on Preferences and Choice Set Formation Over Time. Selected paper at the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists (AERE) Summer Conference, Seattle, June 9-10.
11. Jianjun J., A. Indab, O. Nabangchang, T. Truong, D. Harder and R.F. Subade. 2010. Valuing marine turtle conservation: A cross-country study in Asian cities. Ecological Economics 69: 2020-26.
12. Nabangchang O., J. Jianjun, A. Indab, T. Truong, D. Harder and R.F. Subade. 2008. Mobilizing Resources for Marine Turtle Conservation in Asia: A Cross-country Perspective. ASEAN Economic Bulletin 25(1): 60-69.
13. Hess, S., van Beukering, P., Kayharara,G., Mchallo,I., Nyamwihura, G., Pham, N. and T. Thuy. 2007. Are forest dwellers willing to participate in a scheme of Payment for environmental Services: a choice experiment in the Coastal Forest of Tanzania. Working paper. PREM Programme -Institute for Environmental Studies. Vrije University, The Netherlands.
14. Chessman, J., Son, T.V.H, Thuy, T.D., Vu, V.D.H. and J. Bennett. 2007. Managing Groundwater Access in the Central Highlands (Tay Nguyen), Viet Nam. ISSN 1832- 7435 Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR), Research Report No.3.
15. Chessman, J., J. Bennett, Son, T.V.H, Thuy, T.D. and V.D.H. Vu. 2007. The Total Economic Value of Sustainable Coffee Irrigation Practices in DakLak, Viet Nam. ISSN 1832-7435 Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR), Research Report No.5.
16. Harder D., J. Jianjun, T. Truong, O. Nabangchang, A. Indab and R.F. Subade. 2006. Hypothetical and Real Willingness To Pay for Marine Turtle Conservation: A Cross Country Comparison in Asia. Presentation at Third World Congress for Environmental Economists in Kyoto, Japan.